Monday 23 May 2011

ALL WATCHED OVER BY MACHINES OF LOVING GRACE

The BBC2 documentary 'All watched over by loving grace' chilled the blood with its description of the clear link between a 1940s philosophy of individualism and US economic policy in the 1990s and 2000s, as directed by Alan Greenspan.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but the writer's description of this link, as well as the connection between the Asian economic boom and bust in the 1990s and the 2008 bust in the 'West' was quite surprising. I'll reserve judgement as I plough through the rather weighty book I am reading on the great Keynes and I want to revisit Vince's masterly description of the 2008 crisis but the programme was certainly food for thought.

This is why the BBC is pre-eminent in the world, without equal. I wonder if such a programme would have been produced by, say, a satellite broadcaster reliant on consumerism.

Food for the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment