Friday 6 May 2011

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

We had a mixed day in North Hinksey and Wytham, with Debby Hallett elected for the Lib Dems, along with a Tory. I was unsuccessful and I must be philosophical about that.

I've had a great experience working in the ward and I've enjoyed meeting many voters. My thanks go to everyone who supported me and Debby and I wish Debby every success on the Vale.

Sadly the Lib Dems lost the Vale to the Tories after 16 years of running the council very well. If the experience of the Tory county council is anything to go by, residents in and around Botley will need to face up to higher Council Tax, less contact with their new Tory councillor and a renewed threat to the library. Let's see if Tory pledges over the library survive the machinations at County Hall as they seek savings to stem the huge holes in their budget.

I hope Debby and the other Lib Dems can work to soften the impact of Tory inaction in Botley and to continue to support you during the next four years.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me and Debby. Your support was tremendous and I am sorry it was not sufficient to keep the Vale in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment