As a resident of a medium-sized village in the Prime Minister's constituency, I'd like to know what powers I am going to get under the new proposals, so here's a couple of queries:
- Will devolution to cities in England place them on an equal footing to the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish governments?
- Will devolution to English cities be extended to the other parts of England, like my village?
- If it is, will my village have full fiscal autonomy?
- If no power is going to be devolved down to my village, how will my sub-national interests be represented
- In the event of a majority of people voting to leave the EU, will my village have a right of veto over the decision if we vote to stay in the EU?
- Why is someone in Inverness entitled to greater representation than I am in Oxfordshire?
- Why can't England just have equality with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland through its own parliament in a federal UK which treats every part of this country the same?
Because that worked, didn't it..?