Monday 19 April 2010

NO COALITION WITH TWO FAILED PARTIES

Here we go again, Lord Mandelson has spoken publicly of the possibility of a coalition with the Lib Dems, mentioning the need for constitutional reform again. The answer to this is quite simple: not on my watch, mate.

To repeat what I have said several times before but it bears repeating: I will not support a coalition with either party as I do not believe they can be trusted to do what is best for the country. I am fighting the Henley election to win, so that I can implement Lib Dem policies: lower taxes for almost everyone, a higher state pension, the abolition of Council Tax, action this year to cut the deficit, more police on the streets paid for by scrapping ID cards.

Would either the Tories or Labour allow us to honour these pledges?

No comments:

Post a Comment