Monday 11 April 2011

WORKING FOR NORTH HINKSEY AND WYTHAM

I have been chosen as the candidate for North Hinksey and Wytham in the forthcoming district council elections, together with Debby Hallett. This is a brief biography to introuce myself.

I worked for the Vale of White Horse District Council between 2002 and 2009 and I currently work for Oxford Brookes University in Botley, focusing on local government improvement and development.

I have been involved in local government since 1994, I have been a parish councillor and parish clerk and I am a founding and continuing member of a committee running a very successful community shop. I am a keen - if infrequent - cyclist and I try to use and support public transport, although my job doesn't always allow for this. Working in Botley, I am a regular user of Botley library and all the local services in the town centre.

Together with our team, Debby and me are trying to get round as many homes as possible during April to introduce ourselves and to seek your support so that we can work with colleagues to continue the successful work of Liberal Democrats on the Vale, a council we have run since 1995.

No comments:

Post a Comment